Privacy Statement Digitek Computer Products B.V.
This is the privacy statement of Digitek Computer Products B.V. (hereinafter reffered to as: “Digitek”, “we” or “our”).
By using our services or visiting our website (www.digitekbv.com) we obtain personal data from you. We have drawn up this privacy statement in order to make it clear to you that your privacy is of great importance to us.
For this reason, the personal data that we collect is carefully processed and protected. In doing so, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data collection and storage
During company registration on our website or webshop you will be asked to complete a form. The information requested on this form relates to your business and contact information.
Here you can also request offers, promotions and newsletters. All the information on the registration form will be imported directly into the Digitek ERP system.
Before your customer account is activated, your information will be checked so that everything runs smoothly when you place an order with us.
This data is checked by us in various ways. Examples are Chamber of Commerce registration and tax identification number of your company.
By using our services or visiting our website we may process your personal data as mentioned below:
- General information such as name and address for order processing, invoicing and delivery, which you specify when ordering.
- Email addresses that are used to send you digital documents such as quotations, order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices, statements etc. If you have given us permission to send offers, promotions and newsletters, we will keep you informed via email. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can easily unsubscribe.
- Browse and click history. During each visit to our web shop, your browse and click history will be saved. The system will remember which pages are visited, how many pages are visited, how you navigated to these pages and which items were viewed and/or purchased. This data is not monitored on a personal basis and is only used to improve the usability of our website.
We need this information because of our agreement with you and to maintain the relationships resulting from this agreement. We store this information for the duration of the agreement. Certain information will be retained for a longer period if we are obliged to do so (for example because of the legal tax retention period of seven years).
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse of, and unauthorized access to, your personal data.
For example, we ensure the following:
- Only the necessary people and only authorized personnel have access to your personal data. All our employees have a confidentiality obligation regarding your business and personal information.
- Access to your personal data is secured.
- Our security measures are checked regularly.
- Your data is stored on secure servers.
When requesting an offer or entering an order your data will be encrypted and transmitted to us via a secure connection. You can identify the secured connection by the lock icon in the browser bar at the top of your screen.
We offer you maximum security to prevent fraud or theft of your data. The lock icon will be displayed in all recent versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. If you click on the lock icon, you will get information about the secure connection and the security certificate used by Digitek.
We will not sell your business and personal information. We will use it only for the processing and delivery of your orders.
Your data may be made available to our contracted collection agencies in the event of non-payment of invoices.
Digitek otherwise only shares your data with third parties when this is allowed by current legislation. It may happen that we provide your personal information to third parties, because:
- we have engaged them to process certain data;
- it is necessary to carry out the agreement with you;
- you give permission for this;
- we have a legitimate interest in this;
- we are legally obliged to do so (e.g. if the police demand this in case of a suspicion of a crime).
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong.
- Right to revoke your consent, when we process your data based on your consent.
- Right to object: you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data by us.
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have processed of you.
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party.
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data. This means that we will process less personal data from you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, we may ask you to identify yourself. For this purpose, we need some information about you, to make sure that you are the right person to whom the personal data belongs. We will usually respond to your request within one month. This term can be extended with two months if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term within the first month. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can make this known by contacting us via the contact details at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Questions and complaints
If you have a question or would like to file a complaint about our use of your personal data, you can contact us via our webform or via the contact details at the bottom of this privacy statement. We will handle every question and request internally and communicate about it with you. However, if do not agree with us, you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data, which is called the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Digitek Computer Products B.V.
6199 AB Maastricht-Airport
Phone: +31 (0)43 326 3775
Chamber of Commerce number: 34151332
Modification of this privacy statement
We have the right to change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advised to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis, so you are aware of these changes.
This privacy statement was most recently revised on December 30, 2022.
Our privacy statement is also available in Dutch.